Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Welcome!

My name is Mikayla and I created this blog to post my thoughts and idea's. But mainly to discuss my dreams and goals for life.
I am 19 years old and study at the University of Waikato
Doing a Bachelor of Arts, double Majoring in Theatre Studies and Design Media, I have a bit of a big goal.
I suffered from depression and anxiety in 2009-2011, I only seeked help in 2010 and I was glad I did. It was a very low time for me, as I had a lot going on.
In 2011, I met a boy and he helped me rediscover my Love for Jesus Christ. At the end of 2011, I found out someone extremely close to me was self-harming and was severely depressed. I felt to helpless because I wanted to do more. It then dawned on me, what if I could use creative outlets for depressed teenagers.
So my goal, in a nutshell is to use creative outlets such as Drama, Photography, Music, Art and Design to help young people in New Zealand realize that you do not have to self harm or take your life because you are depressed, because there is so much more to life!

I feel that this has become a calling for me, and I really hope to achieve this.
At the moment I am still unsure of how exactly I am going to achieve this goal, or if it will even work.
I have applied for the AMP Scholarship to see if my idea or dream is worth it.
So for now, I will post on here how everything goes and update you on my study and things that I can do to achieve this dream.

If anyone has any ideas or thoughts or would like to help please contact me through here, or email me at lifegetsbettergoal@hotmail.com

Mik.

No comments:

Post a Comment